There have been commercial CEP solutions for decades, including from my
employer.

      From: Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
 To: Mark Hamstra <m...@clearstorydata.com>
Cc: Corey Nolet <cjno...@gmail.com>; "user @spark" <user@spark.apache.org>
 Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:48 PM
 Subject: Re: Apache Flink

The problem is that the strength and wider acceptance of a typical Open source
project is its sizeable user and development community. When the community is
small like Flink, then it is not a viable solution to adopt
I am rather disappointed that no big data project can be used for Complex Event
Processing as it has wider use in Algorithmic trading among others.

Dr Mich Talebzadeh LinkedIn
 http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com