ran these from muliple bash shell for now, probably a multi threaded python
script would do ,  memory and resource allocations are seen as submitted
parameters

*say before running any applications . *

[root@fos-elastic02 ~]# /usr/bin/free
Mem:       8058568    *4066296 *   3992272      10172     141368    1549520
-/+ buffers/cache:    2375408    5683160
Swap:      8290300     108672    8181628

*only 1 App : *

[root@fos-elastic02 ~]# /usr/bin/free
Mem:       8058568    *4494488*    3564080      10172     141392    1549948
-/+ buffers/cache:    2803148    5255420
Swap:      8290300     108672    8181628

ran the single APP twice in parallel ( memory used double as expected )

[root@fos-elastic02 ~]# /usr/bin/free
Mem:       8058568    *4919532 *   3139036      10172     141444    1550376
-/+ buffers/cache:    3227712    4830856
Swap:      8290300     108672    8181628

Curious to know if local mode is used in real deployments where there is a
scarcity of resources.

Thanks,
Sujeet

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com