You should have errors in yarn-nodemanager and yarn-resourcemanager logs.

Something like below for heathy container

2016-05-29 00:50:50,496 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.monitor.ContainersMonitorImpl:
Memory usage of ProcessTree 29769 for container-id
container_1464210869844_0061_01_000001: 372.6 MB of 4 GB physical memory
used; 2.7 GB of 8.4 GB virtual memory used

It appears that you are running out of memory. Have you also checked with
jps and jmonitor for SparkSubmit (the driver process) for the failing job?
It will show you the resource usage= like memory/heap/cpu etc

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com