In fact, yes.

On 6. Juli 2016 um 21:46:34 MESZ, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
wrote:So you want to use Spark as the query engine accessing DB2 tables via
JDBC?   Dr Mich Talebzadeh         LinkedIn
         http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com   Disclaimer: Use it at your own
risk.  Any and all responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction of data
or any other property which may arise from relying on this email's technical
content is explicitly disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any
monetary damages arising from such loss, damage or destruction.
 On 6 July 2016 at 20:39, Andreas Bauer <dabuks...@gmail.com> wrote:The sql
statements are embedded in a PL/1 program using DB2 running ob z/OS. Quite
powerful, but expensive and foremost shared withother jobs in the comapny. The
whole job takes approx. 20 minutes.  So I was thinking to use Spark and let the
Spark job run on 10 or 20 virtual instances, which I can spawn easily,
on-demand and almost for free using a cloud infrastructure.  On 6. Juli 2016 um
21:29:53 MESZ, Jean Georges Perrin <j...@jgp.net> wrote:What are you doing it
on right now?> On Jul 6, 2016, at 3:25 PM, dabuki   wrote:> > I was thinking
about to replace a legacy batch job with Spark, but I'm not> sure if Spark is
suited for this use case. Before I start the proof of> concept, I wanted to ask
for opinions.> > The legacy job works as follows: A file (100k - 1 mio entries)
is iterated.> Every row contains a (book) order with an id and for each row
approx. 15> processing steps have to be performed that involve access to
multiple> database tables. In total approx. 25 tables (each containing
10k-700k> entries) have to be scanned using the book's id and the retrieved
data is> joined together. > > As I'm new to Spark I'm not sure if I can
leverage Spark's processing model> for this use case.> > > > > > --> View this
message in context:
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Is-Spark-suited-for-replacing-a-batch-job-using-many-database-tables-tp27300.html>
 Sent from the Apache Spark User List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.> >