I think you need to learn the basics of how to build a ‘data lake/pond/sewer’
first.

The short answer is yes.
The longer answer is that you need to think more about translating a relational
model in to a hierarchical model, something that I seriously doubt has been
taught in schools in a very long time.

Then there’s more to the design, including indexing.
Do you want to stick with SQL or do you want to hand code the work to allow for
indexing / secondary indexing to help with the filtering since Spark SQL
doesn’t really handle indexing. Note that you could actually still use an index
table (narrow/thin inverted table) and join against the base table to get
better performance.

There’s more to this, but you get the idea.

HTH

-Mike