You always can save data in hdfs where you need, and you can controll
paralelizm in your app by configuring --driver-cores and --driver-memory.This
approach can maintain Spark master and it can controll your failure issues,
data locality and etc. But if you want to controll it by self with
"Executors.newFixedThreadPool(threadNum)" or other ways, i think you can
catch problems with yarn/mesos job recovery and failure mechanizm.
I wish you good luck in your struggle of parallelism )) This is an
interesting question!)