Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Timur Shenkao <t...@timshenkao.su>
Date: 12/11/2016  09:17  (GMT-08:00) To: Mich Talebzadeh
<mich.talebza...@gmail.com>, user@spark.apache.org Subject: Re: Possible DR
solution
Hi guys!

1) Though it's quite interesting, I believe that this discussion is not about
Spark :)
2) If you are interested, there is solution by Cloudera
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-5-x/topics/cm_bdr_replication_intro.html
 (requires that *source cluster* has Cloudera Enterprise license, so it's not
for free).
Correct me but I don't remember specialized replication solution by Hortonworks
(Atlas, Falcon, etc. are not precisely about inter-custer replication).
Some solutions from Hadoop  Ecosystem try to implement replication of their
own: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62687462
,
http://highscalability.com/blog/2016/8/1/how-to-setup-a-highly-available-multi-az-cassandra-cluster-o.html
 ,
3) Read this discussion
https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/29645/hdfs-replication-for-dr.html
4) I prefer bash scripts / Python scripts / Oozie jobs + distcp - it's for free
& I control what's going on precisely. But, in case of huge clusters &
sophisticated logic, this approach become cumbersome.
5) Don't forget about security & encryption: your sensitive data may be read by
third-party agents during replication

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>