Hi All,

I want to get the running applications for my Spark Standalone cluster in JSON format. The same information displayed on the web UI on port 8080 ... but in JSON.

Is there an easy way to do this? It seems I need to scrap the HTML page in order to get this information.

The reason I want to know this information is so I can ensure the Spark cluster does not get too many jobs submitted at once. A Stand alone cluster processes jobs FIFO. I would prefer to just send back a message to the user telling them to try later then submit a job which has to wait for other jobs to finish before starting.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Carl