Hmmm getting closer I think.

I thought this was only for Mesos and Yarn clusters (from reading the documentation). I tried anyway and initially received Connection Refused. So I ran ./start-history-server.sh. This was on the Spark Master instance.

I now get 404 not found.

Nothing in the log file for the history server indicates there was a problem.

I will keep digging around. Thanks for your help so far Miguel.