Hi guys,

I need to execute hive queries on remote hive server from spark, but for
some reasons i receive only column names(without data).
Data available in table, I checked it via HUE and java jdbc connection.

Here is my code example:
val test = spark.read
        .option("url", "jdbc:hive2://remote.hive.server:10000/work_base")
        .option("user", "user")
        .option("password", "password")
        .option("dbtable", "some_table_with_data")
        .option("driver", "org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver")
        .format("jdbc")
        .load()
test.show()

Scala version: 2.11
Spark version: 2.1.0, i also tried 2.1.1
Hive version: CDH 5.7 Hive 1.1.1
Hive JDBC version: 1.1.1

But this problem available on Hive with later versions, too.
I didn't find anything in mail group answers and StackOverflow.
Could you, please, help me with this issue or could you help me find correct
solution how to query remote hive from spark?

Thanks in advance!