Hi vanzin,  kwon,

thanks for your help.

---Original---
From: "Hyukjin Kwon"<gurwls...@gmail.com>
Date: 2017/7/25 09:04:44
To: "Marcelo Vanzin"<van...@cloudera.com>;
Cc: "user"<user@spark.apache.org>;"??????????"<1427357...@qq.com>;
Subject: Re: how to set the assignee in JIRA please?

However, I see some JIRAs are assigned to someone time to time. Were those
mistakes or would you mind if I ask when someone is assigned?

When I started to contribute to Spark few years ago, I was confused by this and
I am pretty sure some guys are still confused.

I do usually say something like "it is generally not in that way" too when I am
asked but I find myself unable to explain further.

We don't generally set assignees. Submit a PR on github and the PR
 will be linked on JIRA; if your PR is submitted, then the bug is
 assigned to you.

--
 Marcelo