Agree, and I will try it. One clarification though: the amount of
partitions also affects their in memory size. So fewer partitions may
result in higher memory preassure and Ooms. I think this was the original
intention.

So the motivation for partitioning is also to break down volumes yo fit the
machines.

Is this premise wrong?