Small update, my initial estimate was incorrect. I have one location with
16*4G = 64G parquests (in snappy) + 20 * 5G = 100G parquets. So a total of
164G.

I am running on Databricks.
Here are some settings:

spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m
-XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -Ddatabricks.serviceName=spark-executor-1
-javaagent:/databricks/DatabricksAgent.jar -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal
-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Xss4m
-Djavax.xml.datatype.DatatypeFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.DatatypeFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory
-Dorg.xml.sax.driver=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser
-Dorg.w3c.dom.DOMImplementationSourceList=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl
*spark.executor.memory=107407m*
spark.executor.tempDirectory=/local_disk0/tmp

These are the only relevant setting that I see set when looking at the
logs. I am guessing this means that the others are simply set to default.
Are there any setting I should pay special attention to? (reference is also
good).

My assumption is the the Databricks runtime is already preconfigured with
known best practices (like corse per executor...). Now that I think of it I
need to validate this assumption.