Thanks Silvio. I need grouped map pandas UDF which takes a spark data frame as
the input and outputs a spark data frame having a different shape from input.
Grouped map is kind of unique to pandas udf and I have trouble to find a
similar non pandas udf for an apple to apple comparison. Let me know if you
have better idea for investigating grouped map pandas udf slowness.

One potential work around could be grouping the 250M records by id. For each
group, do groupby(‘id’).apply(pd_udf). Not sure which way is more promising
compared with repartition + mapPartition, reduceByKey, combineByKey.

Appreciate any clue.

Sent from my iPhone