Hi all,

I'm trying to guess understand what is the lifecycle of a map function in
spark/yarn context. My understanding is that function is instantiated on the
master and then passed to each executor (serialized/deserialized).

What I'd like to confirm is that the function is
initialized/loaded/deserialized once per executor (JVM in yarn) and lives as
long as executor lives and not once per task (logical unit of work to do).

Could you please explain or, better, give some links to source code or
documentation? I've tried to take a look in Task.scala and ResultTask.scala but
I'm not familiar with Scala and didn't find where exactly is function lifecycle
managed.

Thanks in advance,
Vadim.