Hello Rachana,

Getting exactly-once semantics on files and making it scale to a very large
number of files are very hard problems to solve. While Structured Streaming
+ built-in file sink solves the exactly-once guarantee that DStreams could
not, it is definitely limited in other ways (scaling in terms of files,
combining batch and streaming writes in the same place, etc). And solving
this problem requires a holistic solution that is arguably beyond the scope
of the Spark project.

There are other projects that are trying to solve this file management
issue. For example, Delta Lake <https://delta.io/>(full disclosure, I am
involved in it) was built to exactly solve this problem - get exactly-once
and ACID guarantees on files, but also scale to handling millions of files.
Please consider it as part of your solution.