I started with scala/spark in 2012 and scala has been my go-to language for
six years. But I heartily applaud this direction. Kotlin is more like a
simplified Scala - with the benefits that brings - than a simplified java.
I particularly like the simplified / streamlined collections classes.

Really looking forward to this development.