Hi,

I have a module in Pycharm which reads data stored in a Bigquery table and
does plotting.

At the command line on the terminal I need to add the jar file and the
packet to make it work.

(venv) C:\Users\admin\PycharmProjects\pythonProject2\DS\src>spark-submit
--jars ..\lib\spark-bigquery-with-dependencies_2.12-0.18.0.jar
analyze_house_prices

_GCP.py

This works but the problem is that the imports into the module are not
picked up.  Example

import sparkstuff as s

This is picked up when run within Pycharm itself but not at the command
line!

(venv) C:\Users\admin\PycharmProjects\pythonProject2\DS\src>spark-submit
--jars ..\lib\spark-bigquery-with-dependencies_2.12-0.18.0.jar
analyze_house_prices

_GCP.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"C:/Users/admin/PycharmProjects/pythonProject2/DS/src/analyze_house_prices_GCP.py",
line 8, in <module>

    import sparkstuff as s

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sparkstuff'

The easiest option would be to run all these within PyCharm itself invoking
the jar file and package at runtime.

Otherwise I can run it at the command line but being able to resolve
imports. I appreciate any work-around this.

Thanks

LinkedIn *

such loss, damage or destruction.