Hi Sean,

I'm trying to test a timeout feature in a tool that uses Spark SQL.
Basically, if a long-running query exceeds a configured threshold, then the
query should be canceled.
I couldn't see a simple way to make a "sleep" SQL statement to test the
timeout. Instead, I just ran a "select count(*) from table" on a large
table to act as a query with a long duration.

Is there any way to trigger a "sleep" like behavior in Spark SQL?

Regards,
Ram

--
K.N.Ramachandran