* streaming handler is still useful for spark, though there is flink as
alternative
* RDD is also useful for transform especially for non-structure data
* there are many SQL products in market like Drill/Impala, but spark is
more powerful for distributed deployment as far as I know
* we never used spark for AI training, but use keras/pytorch which are
pretty easy for development a model.

Perhaps you should try other systems in the market first, that will give
an unbiased view of databricks and SPARK being just over
glamourised tool. The hope of extending SPARK with a separate easy to
use query engine for deep learning and other AI systems is gone now with
Ray, SPARK community now just defends the lack of support, and direction
in this matter largely, which is a joke.