Hi,

SPARK is just another querying engine with a lot of hype.

I would highly suggest using Redshift (storage and compute decoupled mode)
or Snowflake without all this super complicated understanding of
containers/ disk-space, mind numbing variables, rocket science tuning, hair
splitting failure scenarios, etc. After that try to choose solutions like
Athena, or Trino/ Presto, and then come to SPARK.

Try out solutions like  "great expectations" if you are looking for data
quality and not entirely sucked into the world of SPARK and want to keep
your options open.

Dont get me wrong, SPARK used to be great in 2016-2017, but there are
superb alternatives now and the industry, in this recession, should focus
on getting more value for every single dollar they spend.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta