Hi Sean,

the entire narrative of SPARK being a unified analytics tool falls flat as
what should have been an engine on SPARK is now deliberately floated off as
a separate company called as Ray, and all the unified narrative rings
hollow.

SPARK is nothing more than a SQL engine as per SPARKs own conference where
they said that around more than 95% (in case I am not wrong) users use the
SQL interface :)

I have seen engineers split their hair for simple operations which takes
minutes in Snowflake or Redshift just because of SPARK configurations,
shuffle, and other operations.

This matters in the industry today, sadly, because people are being laid
off from their jobs because a 1 dollar simple solution has to be run as a
rocket science.

So my suggestion is to decouple your data quality solution from SPARK,
sooner or later everyone is going to see that saving jobs and saving money
makes sense :)

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta