Hi Debbie,

The file name is not provided by default in UIMA although I believe the UIMA
FileReader does populate a SourceDocumentInformation annotation with this
information.  Our group has a set of readers that populate our own annotation
type to provide location data and other meta-information for each record (CAS)
being processed.  In short you will be better off writing your reader to
provide that information for you.

Thanks,

Thomas Ginter
801-448-7676