May this help -

    // Also store location of source document in CAS. This information is
critical
    // if CAS Consumers will need to know where the original document
contents are located.
    // For example, the Semantic Search CAS Indexer writes this information
into the
    // search index that it creates, which allows applications that use the
search index to
    // locate the documents that satisfy their semantic queries.
    SourceDocumentInformation srcDocInfo = new
SourceDocumentInformation(jcas);
    srcDocInfo.setUri(file.getAbsoluteFile().toURL().toString());
    srcDocInfo.setOffsetInSource(0);
    srcDocInfo.setDocumentSize((int) file.length());
    srcDocInfo.setLastSegment(mCurrentIndex == mFiles.size());
    srcDocInfo.addToIndexes();

followed by
   // retrieve the filename of the input file from the CAS
    FSIterator it =
jcas.getAnnotationIndex(SourceDocumentInformation.type).iterator();
    File outFile = null;
    if (it.hasNext()) {
      SourceDocumentInformation fileLoc = (SourceDocumentInformation)
it.next();
      File inFile;
      try {
        inFile = new File(new URL(fileLoc.getUri()).getPath());
        String outFileName = inFile.getName();
        if (fileLoc.getOffsetInSource() > 0) {
          outFileName += ("_" + fileLoc.getOffsetInSource());
        }
        outFileName += ".xmi";
        outFile = new File(mOutputDir, outFileName);
        modelFileName = mOutputDir.getAbsolutePath() + "/" +
inFile.getName() + ".ecore";
      } catch (MalformedURLException e1) {
        // invalid URL, use default processing below
      }
    }

look for SourceDocumentInformation in the examples

--
Ravi.
*''We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our