I'm investigating occasional 503 errors for our CAS service running in a
Tomcat 10.1.x container. The 503s appear to correlate with some traffic
spikes at the same time.

The connector is configured as follows:

    <Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
               port="8443"
               maxThreads="2500"
               maxConnections="50000"
               maxPostSize="100000"
               maxParameterCount="1000"
               scheme="https" secure="true"
               SSLEnabled="true"

Can Tomcat log info such as when the maxThreads or maxConnections limits
are reached? I'm basically trying to see if there is a good way to
more definitively determine what may have caused the 503s and what may be
feasible to mitigate them.

--
Baron Fujimoto <ba...@hawaii.edu> ::: UH Information Technology Services
minutas cantorum, minutas balorum, minutas carboratum descendus pantorum