> On Apr 11, 2024, at 07:28, Marcos Peña <m...@qad.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I am looking for help with a strange issue we are experiencing when trying to
> use Google APIs from a web application that is deployed on Tomcat 9.0.83.

As Chris noted, this has nothing to do with Tomcat. The stack trace shows that
the failure is coming from your application code:

com.precisionsoftware.trax.service.translation.Transliterator

> After a few hours of the server being up and running, all calls to the Google
> APIs fail because of SSL handshake errors.

My quite limited experience with Google APIs (using rclone) shows that the
client access token has to be renewed fairly frequently (rclone does this
automatically). I don’t know if the token is used as part of the TLS handshake,
nor if your code is refreshing the token when needed.

> The Tomcat connector configuration is as follows:
> <Connector port="8443"
> protocol="com.precisionsoftware.tomcat.Http11Nio2Protocol" proxyPort="443"
> SSLEnabled="true"

Unrelated to your problem, but that protocol class setting seems very odd; have
you copied the Tomcat class into your own package?

  - Chuck