Hi,

We have our app running on Tomcat10 and doing clustering,but are getting the
following errors seen int the Catalina log.......

Apr 11, 2024 8:14:43 AM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager
waitForSendAllSessions
SEVERE: Manager [##0001]: No session state sent at [4/11/24, 8:13 AM] received,
timing out after [60,068] ms.
Apr 11, 2024 8:14:43 AM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager
getAllClusterSessions
WARNING: Manager [##0001]: Drop message [SESSION-GET-ALL] inside
GET_ALL_SESSIONS sync phase start date [4/11/24, 8:13 AM] message date
[4/11/24, 8:13 AM]
11-Apr-2024 08:14:43.456

The error, to me, indicates that the session data is not being sent out.

We are running this app in our dev environment, and in this dev environment the
app runs on only one machine.
In our live environment the app runs on two machines and traffic goes through a
load balancer.
This may be a dumb question but are we getting these errors because we are
running the app on only one machine, and clustering cannot be done on one
machine?
We need to better understand these errors before we can move to tomcat 10
clustering into our live   2 machine environment

This is how we have clustering defined in the server.xml...

<Engine name="Station" defaultHost="station"  jvmRoute="stationApp">

          <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
                   resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
          </Realm>

          <Host name="station"  appBase="station"  unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" undeployOldVersions="true">

                                          <Cluster
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"

            channelSendOptions="6">

     <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager"

              expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"

              notifyListenersOnReplication="true"

               maxActiveSessions="4096"

sessionAttributeNameFilter="uploader_redirect|phone_tree|soundhound.campaigndata|format|employee_id|customer|customer_id|nonidentifier_call_letters|call_letters|caller_id_enabled|ivr_system|ivr_system_id|zip_code|time_zone|is_trial_customer|delete_confirmation|download_settings|clustered_admin|wall_token|employee_first_name|logged_in_user|logged_in"

              />

     <Channel className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">

       <Membership
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"

                   address="228.0.0.4"

                   port="45565"

                   frequency="500"

                   dropTime="3000"/>

       <Receiver
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"

                 address="auto"

                 port="5001"

                 selectorTimeout="100"

                 maxThreads="6"/>

       <Sender
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">

         <Transport
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender"/>

       </Sender>

       <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector"/>

       <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor"/>

       <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.ThroughputInterceptor"/>

     </Channel>

     <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve"

filter=".*\.gif|.*\.js|.*\.jpeg|.*\.jpg|.*\.png|.*\.htm|.*\.html|.*\.css|.*\.txt|.*\.jsp"/>

     <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
                        </Cluster>

                             <Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
                                           dataSourceName="jdbc/app-pool"
                                           userTable="web_login"
userNameCol="username" userCredCol="password"
                               userRoleTable="web_login_role"
roleNameCol="role"/>

directory="logs"
                   prefix="station_access_log" suffix=".txt"
                   pattern="%h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b" />

          </Host>
        </Engine>

Rick Noel
Systems Programmer | Westwood One