On 12.08.2015 20:46, N, Ravikiran wrote:
Hi All,

I have a resource added to pacemaker called 'cmsd' whose state is getting to
'unmanaged FAILED' state.

Apart from manually changing the resource to unmanaged using "pcs resource unmanage
cmsd" , I'm trying to understand under what all circumstances a resource can become
unmanaged.. ?
I have not set any value for "multilple-active" field, which means by default it is set
to "stop-start", and hence I believe the resource can never go to unmanaged if it finds
the resource active on more than one node.

unmanaged FAILED means pacemaker (or better resource agent) failed to stop resource. At this point resource state is undefined so pacemaker won't do anything with it.

Also, it would be more helpful if anyone can point out to specific sections of
the pacemaker manuals for the answer.

Regards,
Ravikiran

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org