On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 4:47 PM Artem <tyom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 at 16:17, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 5:44 PM Artem <tyom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > pcs constraint location FAKE3 rule score=0 pingd lt 1 or not_defined pingd
>> > pcs constraint location FAKE4 rule score=0 pingd lt 1 or not_defined pingd
>> > pcs constraint location FAKE3 rule score=125 pingd gt 0 or defined pingd
>> > pcs constraint location FAKE4 rule score=125 pingd gt 0 or defined pingd
>> >

>> These rules are contradicting. You set the score to 125 if pingd is
>> defined and at the same time set it to 0 if the score is less than 1.
>> To be "less than 1" it must be defined to start with so both rules
>> will always apply. I do not know how the rules are ordered. Either you
>> get random behavior, or one pair of these rules is effectively
>> ignored.
>

> "pingd lt 1 or not_defined pingd" means to me ==0 or not_defined, that is
> ping fails to ping GW or fails to report to corosync/pacemaker. Am I wrong?

That is correct (although I'd reverse conditions out of habit. It
meaningless to check for "less than 1" something that is not defined)

> "pingd gt 0 or defined pingd" means to me that ping gets reply from GW and
> reports it to cluster.

No. As you were already told this is true if pingd is defined. Value
does not matter.

> Are they really contradicting?

Yes. pingd == 0 will satisfy both rules. My use of "always" was
incorrect, it does not happen for all possible values of pingd, but it
does happen for some.