On Wed, 2024-01-31 at 16:37 +0100, lejeczek via Users wrote:

> On 31/01/2024 16:06, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:02:12 +0100
> > lejeczek via Users <users@clusterlabs.org> wrote:

> > > yes, that would be for a node start/stop
> > > I struggle with using constraints to move pgsql (PAF) master
> > > onto a given node - seems that co/locating paf's master
> > > results in troubles (replication brakes) at/after node
> > > shutdown/reboot (not always, but way too often)
> > What? What's wrong with colocating PAF's masters exactly? How does
> > it brake any
> > replication? What's these constraints you are dealing with?
> >
> > Could you share your configuration?
> Constraints beyond/above of what is required by PAF agent
> itself, say...
> you have multiple pgSQL cluster with PAF - thus multiple
> (separate, for each pgSQL cluster) masters and you want to
> spread/balance those across HA cluster
> (or in other words - avoid having more that 1 pgsql master
> per HA node)
> These below, I've tried, those move the master onto chosen
> node but.. then the issues I mentioned.
>
> -> $ pcs constraint location PGSQL-PAF-5438-clone prefers
> ubusrv1=1002
> or
> -> $ pcs constraint colocation set PGSQL-PAF-5435-clone
> PGSQL-PAF-5434-clone PGSQL-PAF-5433-clone role=Master
> require-all=false setoptions score=-1000

Anti-colocation sets tend to be tricky currently -- if the first
resource can't be assigned to a node, none of them can. We have an idea
for a better implementation:

 https://projects.clusterlabs.org/T383

In the meantime, a possible workaround is to use placement-
strategy=balanced and define utilization for the clones only. The
promoted roles will each get a slight additional utilization, and the
cluster should spread them out across nodes whenever possible. I don't
know if that will avoid the replication issues but it may be worth a
try.
--
Ken Gaillot <kgail...@redhat.com>