On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:23:40 +0100
lejeczek via Users <users@clusterlabs.org> wrote:

> On 31/01/2024 17:13, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:37:21 +0100
> > lejeczek via Users <users@clusterlabs.org> wrote:

> >> Constraints beyond/above of what is required by PAF agent
> >> itself, say...
> >> you have multiple pgSQL cluster with PAF - thus multiple
> >> (separate, for each pgSQL cluster) masters and you want to
> >> spread/balance those across HA cluster
> >> (or in other words - avoid having more that 1 pgsql master
> >> per HA node)
> > ok
> >
> >> These below, I've tried, those move the master onto chosen
> >> node but.. then the issues I mentioned.
> > You just mentioned it breaks the replication, but there so little
> > information about your architecture and configuration, it's impossible to
> > imagine how this could break the replication.
> >
> > Could you add details about the issues ?
> >
> >> -> $ pcs constraint location PGSQL-PAF-5438-clone prefers
> >> ubusrv1=1002
> >> or
> >> -> $ pcs constraint colocation set PGSQL-PAF-5435-clone
> >> PGSQL-PAF-5434-clone PGSQL-PAF-5433-clone role=Master
> >> require-all=false setoptions score=-1000
> > I suppose "collocation" constraint is the way to go, not the "location"
> > one.
> This should be easy to replicate, 3 x VMs, Ubuntu 22.04 in
> my case

No, this is not easy to replicate. I have no idea how you setup your PostgreSQL
replication, neither I have your full pacemaker configuration.

Please provide either detailed setupS and/or ansible and/or terraform and/or
vagrant, then a detailed scenario showing how it breaks. This is how you can
help and motivate devs to reproduce your issue and work on it.

I will not try to poke around for hours until I find an issue that might not
even be the same than yours.