On Fri, 2024-03-01 at 15:41 +0000, Morgan Cox wrote:
> Hi - i have a fair few rhel7 pacemaker clusters (running on pacemaker
> v1)   I want to migrate to rhel8 (which uses pacemaker v2) - due to
> using shared/cluster ip it would be a pain  and involve downtime to
> take down cluster ip on rhel7 cluster then setup on rhel8.
>
> Can I add a pacemaker v2 node to a pacemaker v1 one  (in order to
> migrate easily..)

No, the Corosync versions are incompatible. The closest you could do
would be to set up booth between the Pacemaker 1 and 2 clusters, then
grant the ticket to the new cluster. That's effectively the same as
manually disabling the IP on the old cluster and enabling it on the new
one, but a little more automated (which is more helpful the more
resources you have to move).

--
Ken Gaillot <kgail...@redhat.com>