Do you mean entering a date in the webbrowser? When setting a date in the definition with a specified format, this format is used for entering dates in the input fields of your browser. If you want your date format in your xml file (binded data source/destination) you need to set your binding formatting.

So
<fd:field id="input">
   <fd:label>mylabel</fd:label>
   <fd:datatype base="date">
       <fd:convertor type="formatting">
            <fd:patterns>
                <fd:pattern>dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern>
          </fd:patterns>
      </fd:convertor>
  </fd:datatype>
</fd:field>

Would make you're browser inputfield accept the defined format (if this is what you needed, didn't it work? Also when specifying a pattern, try leaving out the style="long" attribute.)

The next sample should set the date format in your xml file that was binded to your form:

<fb:value id="input" path="input">
<fd:convertor datatype="date">
<fd:patterns>
<fd:pattern>dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern> </fd:patterns>
</fd:convertor>
</fb:value>

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi ,
How can we change the cocoon default date format. cocoon is accepts MM/dd/YY. When we change the format as YYYY-mm-DD. Cocoon doesn't allows us to enter date in this format. We have the tried the following :

<fd:field id="Date">
<fd:label><i18n:text> Date: </i18n:text></fd:label>
<fd:datatype base="date">
<fd:converter type="formatting" style="long">
<fd:patterns>
<fd:pattern>YYYY-mm-DD</fd:pattern>
</fd:patterns>
</fd:converter>
</fd:datatype>
<fd:validation />
</fd:field>
Can any one please let us know where we are going wrong or any pointer to achieve the same would appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Moin

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately