Ok, I'll make it easy for you, just copy this:

package org.yourcompany.cocoon.serialization;

import org.xml.sax.SAXException;

/**
 * A simple serializer, extending XMLSerializer to avoid getting namespaces in
 * output. (Thus only overriding prefixmapping methods to do nothing.)
 *
 * This is most usefull for xhtml outputting.
 *
 */
public class XMLSerializer extends org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer
{

    public void endPrefixMapping(String prefix) throws SAXException
    {
        // do nothing
    }

    public void startPrefixMapping(String prefix, String uri)
            throws SAXException
    {
        // do nothing
    }
}

Then compile with the following jars added to your buildpath:
avalon-framework-api-4.2.0.jar
avalon-framework-impl-4.2.0.jar
cocoon-2.1.5.jar
excalibur-sourceresolve-2.0.jar
excalibur-xmlutil-1.0.jar
excalibur-pool-1.2.jar
regexp-1.3.jar
I don't know if you need them all (last one probably not, other's not sure as I have other transformers/serializers/generators as well). These files can be found in your cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory, possibly with another version.

Kind Regards,
Jan

beyaRecords wrote:

public class XMLSerializer extends org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer
{

    public void endPrefixMapping(String prefix) throws SAXException
    {
        // do nothing
    }

    public void startPrefixMapping(String prefix, String uri)
            throws SAXException
    {
        // do nothing
    }
}

Hi,
i'm gonna call this class from my own package as so:

package test

all I need to know is what package I need to import and what jar file it sits in? so:

package test
import ?????

public class myXMLSerializer extends org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer

regards

Uzo