On 02/12/2018 06:34 PM, bruce wrote:
I'm thinking that I've screwed up some "dir/files" that are unique to
a droplet and used for the snapshot process.. I can't find any data on
how the "snapshot/vm" process really is implemented within
digitalocean. My last hope is to iteratively rsync, testing out the
snapshot/droplet process until i figure out the real issues..

It's very difficult to copy an entire running system to another running system. I would suggest that it's way more difficult than just rebuilding a new system and copying config files over. You are also likely to run into various random issues that will be hard to diagnose.