On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 11:04:42 -0400 Raman Gupta <rocketra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/10/18 02:56 AM, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
> > "Capitalism" is an insult term made up by Marxists to describe the
> > Free Market, which is "the free and open exchange of goods and
> > services between consenting parties".  Under the Free Market, to meet
> > your
> > own needs, you must meet the the needs of your customers.
>
> Hey man, saw this post on the Fedora mailing list. While it was way
> off topic :-) and inevitably and predictably set off a shitstorm, I
> just wanted to say thank you. Some days it seems like there aren't
> many of us out there that still believe this, and even those of us
> that are don't usually speak up for fear of the backlash. So thanks.
>
> The cognitive dissonance of people who would likely not be alive, let
> alone sitting in heated homes, typing on powerful computers, that
> deride the very same capitalism that provides them with these bounties
> always amazes me. They just assume these things are "just here"
> *somehow*, and that the only social question is how to "distribute" them.

Yes, indeed, all first developed and tested as a concept first by the taxpayer.
After success is established courtesy NSF, NIH, NASA, NSERC, CSIRO, CSIR, etc
etc, then it moves on to commercialization by other players. No issues here,
businesses tend to be generally risk-averse.

Let us keep things in perspective and not sell ourselves short.
Ranjan