>You don't show what command you used to get that output. In my case the
> RSS field (from 'ps axl') shows 243560 (KB), i.e. 244MB.
The command used was top

> You also don't say what your usage is: how many accounts, what kind are
> they (POP, IMAP, Exchange, ...), are you using CALDAV features etc.,
> all of which have an effect.
My apologies, I have a total of three accounts all use IMAP and synchronise with
the server every 5 minutes, also two out of three uses CALDAV.

> You might want to ask again on the Evolution list:
>
> Be sure to state your specific version of Evo (Help->About).
Thanks a lot for the pointers, it turns out that the issue is related to webkit
GIGCAGE, if I disable GIGCAGE 'GIGACAGE_ENABLED=0 evolution' I see better
utilisation of memory also after a synchronisation memory is release.

I will investigate more and reach out to the evolution mailing list

> poc

Thanks again