I have a project with a plugin that depends on tools.jar. That jar doesn't
exist on the mac, so I'm trying to use profiles to change that dependency
when running on OSX. I think the pom I wrote below should work, but it
doesn't. What am i missing?
(The profile is shown as active running help:active-profiles)

thanks for your time

Here's a snippet of the pom:

<project>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
   <executions>
   </executions>
   <dependencies>
   <dependency>
       <!-- Required to use javac -->
       <groupId>sun.jdk</groupId>
       <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
       <version>1.5</version>
       <scope>system</scope>
       <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
   </dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>
</plugins>