At 09:51 08/03/2009 -0600, Walter Hildebrandt wrote:
Sorry for the confusion.  i will try again.
If A1 is empty or has an 0 in it, I want B1 to be empty.  At the same time
if A1 has any number in it, I want B1 to have that number in B1.

In that case, you use the first suggestion I made in my previous message - and which you copied back in yours! Here it is:
If you want zeroes in A to give empty cells in B, then my earlier suggestion:
    =IF(A1=0;"";<put your other expression here>)
will work.

Now we know you want B to be a copy of A when A is not empty or zero, this becomes:
    =IF(A1=0;"";A1)
We are relying here, of course, on the fact that the test A1=0 will succeed not only for an explicit zero value but also for values that are interpreted as zero when a numeric interpretation is required, including empty cells and those containing only blanks.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker