To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Unwanted updates - what to do with them.?

James Elliott - WA Rural Computers wrote:
The icon and pop up note appeared at the top right hand corner of my OOo
Writer (3.1) screen to say that new updates were available.  I clicked
on it and found out that the update was for the French dictionary
extension.  As I am Australian this update was of no interest to me so I
clicked on the "Cancel" button and went back to working on my Writer
document.

However, the update icon is still in the top right hand corner of my OOo
screen, and I feel obliged to click on it every now and again just in
case there are new updates available, perhpas ones that I am interested
in downloading.

How do I get rid of the update icon after deciding that I do not want
that particular update?

Many thanks,  James

Well, it is all up to you, You can update your extensions or
not.  I update them whenever they come.  I added the extensions
to OOo, so I would want to keep them up to date.

Tim L.
retired and tired of MS