On 03/08/2010 04:29 AM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
In Writer (3.1.1 currently), how can I bracket two or more list-items
together with a large curly brace placed at the *right* of the longest item?
Thus:

List item 1                )
List Item Number 2         ) This text refers to all three items
This is list item number 3 )

The three right braces above should really be "combined into" a single large
curly bracket vertically centred on item #2. The intention, as I've
indicated, is to have additional text after the bracket, on the same line as
item #2, which refers to all three items.

I've used a table to contain the items, with a formula or graphic for the bracket, depending on the exact appearance I need.

Using a table isn't absolutely necessary, but it makes it easy to adjust the spacing and alignment of the items.

Here are some samples:
http://www.martnet.com/~jes/temp/bracket_text_items.odt

<Joe