Hello,

I am new on this list ... my greetings to all.

I am evaluating SOGo for a private solution for my own family.
I would run it as a VM on my company's ressources but completely
separated from the company network. I am currently thinking over
if I should start with the ZEG appliance VM or install from scratch.

I am not a Linux expert but have more experience with Windows
servers. However, I can install and configure Linux servers as
far as I need them for my work, such as when I need them as
base for IBM middleware servers and I think I am sufficiently
fit with networking infrastructure (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP ...).

I already tested a ZEG appliance VM and as far as I can see, the
only real change required to it in order to actually use it would
be the addition of SSL for HTTP and IMAP/SMTP. I think I will
be able to configure this.

But there is also the rather cosmetical issue that I would like to
"rename" the LDAP server base from example.com to my own name space.
I cannot figure out how to do this ... do you have any advice?

Do you think that this approach is OK? Or should I rather try to
install the complete stack myself on a plain Linux VM?

If so, I would have to choose between Debian and CentOS - which
would you prefer?

The SOGo installation manual does only cover SOGo itself,
not the base products. Is there any commented installation
guideline out there about how to install all this?

Thanks for any insights!

Kai-Uwe Rommel

rom...@ars.de
Telefon +49 89 32468-120

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, http://www.ars.de
Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland

Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT
Infrastruktur Services
Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems, Storage
License Management Services, IBM Passport Advantage Lizenzierung

Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock,
Joachim Gucker