On 2013-12-17 6:49 AM, Kai-Uwe Rommel <rom...@ars.de> wrote:
I am evaluating SOGo for a private solution for my own family.
I would run it as a VM on my company's ressources but completely
separated from the company network. I am currently thinking over
if I should start with the ZEG appliance VM or install from scratch.

Personally I would really really love if the SOGo devs would provide a minimal Debian VM Appliance that is running *only* the SOGo components, and expects the MTA (ie, postfix, exim, etc) and MDA (ie dovecot, cyrus, etc) to be on a completely different system (so all we needed to do was plug in those IP addresses and AUTH info).

I'm a gentoo linux guy, which is what our current mailserver is on, and I loathe Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS, etc - in other words, all of the distros that SOGo natively supports - and have been struggling with getting a Debian system up and running (secured the way I like/want it)... I'm almost there, but it has been a royal hassle...