On Apr 11, 2024, at 3:30 PM, Bill Cole
<sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:

> On 2024-04-10 at 21:19:48 UTC-0400 (Wed, 10 Apr 2024 20:19:48 -0500)
> Darrell Budic <bu...@onholyground.com <mailto:bu...@onholyground.com>>
> is rumored to have said:

>>> using amavisd ?
>>>
>>> then try this in amavisd.conf:
>>
>> No, I”m using spamass-milter to send it over from postfix. Here’s my
>> spamass-milter config in case I missed something there (systemd running it
>> on alma 8 in this case):
>>
>> EXTRA_FLAGS="-e onholyground.com -u defang -m -r 15 -i 127.0.0.1 -g sa-milt
>> -- --max-size=5120000 --dest=sa0.int.ohgnetworks.com,sa1.int.ohgnetworks.com
>> --randomize"
>
> That's intriguing because "-u defang" looks like cargo-cult spoor from an
> installation running MIMEDefang. Does the user 'defang' have appropriate
> configs?

It is indeed, leftover user stuff from before I migrated to postfix and
spamass-milter with a database backend for SA prefs. It’s still a valid default
user with appropriate configs, but the -e default domain takes precedence so I
can have per domain SA policies. Users too, for that matter, but that’s handled
by the sql setup.

>> Both sa0 & sa1 run the same spamassassin/spamd configurations, neither of
>> them add the X-Spam-ASN headers. All other add_header entries work fine.
>
> Validate that configs on both machines match. In this sort of setup, only the
> SA config on the spamd hosts of the user spamd is run as makes any difference.

I push them using ansible, but yeah, a quick audit to double check confirms
they are the same.