Hello all :)

I've been sending copies of our mails to users@vi.openoffice.org . Would you like to continue there? Or is this more effective?

On 23/10/2006, at 9:21 PM, Dao-Duy Pierre wrote:

Hello Charles, Louis, Nam, Anh Vu Do Quynh and Chi. Chytie,

I'm just come back from San Francisco.
I'm apologized because I read Charles's email on Saturday morning but I was too tired to answer immediately.

Charles' email is not the first information on the activity in our project. There has been activity on the <l10n@vi.openoffice.org> mailing list since early May this year, including pleas for participation. Is there some reason why you have not responded to any of this? It has meant we were not even aware that you were involved in the project.

Nam had contacted us, and his work is the basis of our continuation. His name is on the OOo official table. The only way we could know if you were involved, is if you participated in the project. I do not understand why you have not participated in any way.

I gather, from people outside the VI project, that you were fortunate enough to be able to attend the OOo Con. We would certainly have appreciated seeing some comment by you about that event.

So this morning, I’m very please to see that there is a lot of discussion on viooo during last week-end. Once again, I’m very sorry not participating in your previous exchange. But that #%£$§! jet lag takes me far from my computer all these 2 days.

The lists, and the project, have all been active for six months.

There are a lot of point raise by Anh Vu Do Quynh. I will answer in detail later.

How ever the main idea is that the viooo web site is obsolete. In that point I totally agree with Anh Vu Do Quynh. The text and link are not good, and so on...

It takes a few minutes to update a webpage. The last modification date on the vi.openoffice.org webpages (before Quynh's recent upload of his translated documents) is _years_ ago.

The main cause is despite Nam and the VI l10n team great effort and work, we don’t have enough resources to follow OOo release schedule and compile an up to date Vietnamese version.

Why does this stop you putting a few sentences on a webpage? At least then, the community would know what is going on.

So, we have some viOOo beta version but no official release.

We will have an official release with OOo 2.1. This achievement has not required much in the way of resources (except sustained effort), and certainly no funding. It has been completely voluntary. It owes a great deal to Nam's previous work, which we appreciate very much.

We do hope to have some funding support in distributing CDs. A number of organizations have shown interest in promoting our release. But all of this information is on the lists, and on our temporary project page (in both English and Vietnamese). The location of this page has been mentioned on the lists in both languages. So any member of the project is aware of it.

I’ve explain our difficulties to Pavel Janik during the Lyon OOo meeting and he says that we’re better based our installation process on the VI language package. It makes the user installation a little more difficult, but it will be fully supported by OOo core team. So if the VI l10n team agree with that solution we will release soon a new user installation guide. And things will go on and change...

Please send as much information on this proposal as possible, to the lists. This is certainly something we need to discuss, especially with the release imminent. Please give us a link to your work on the new installation guide: it would be a big help. :)

Talk does not achieve anything without effort. I want to see something you have _done_. I have great respect for effort, especially consistent effort. It produces results.

Last think I would like to answer before I stop, is there is a mis understand with Anh Vu Do Quynh. I’ve already granted him a long time ago the Content Developer right when he asks me. With that role he was able to upload his document and update the main Tai lieu web page as we agree togather. All he have to do is to open an issue and submit his ssh key.

I will appreciate, in general, to be involved firstly in all questions around viOOo nativ Lang project. This is the normal entry. And if someone doesn’t agree with my answers, you are always free to contact Charles or Louis. But there is no reason to disturb them without that.

You have been involved from the beginning, via the lists. Are you not reading <l10n@vi.openoffice.org> and <users@vi.openoffice.org>? Since we weren't aware that you were participating, due to no evidence of participation, we could not possibly know that you wanted to be contacted. Even after repeated pleas for participation, both on the vi.openoffice.org lists and on the main vi_VN list, you did not respond. I don't think it's reasonable to expect us to contact you personally under these circumstances, especially since we did not know you were involved. I am really surprised that you have not taken any part in the project over these six months, if you are indeed involved in it in any way.

What is your rôle in this project? What have you been doing for the past six months while the project has pleaded for contributions? Why have you not participated in any way on the lists or in our efforts to achieve a release?

I would be delighted to have the benefit of your work in this project. Please point us to it, so we can include it with our current resources. We particularly need documentation. How far have you got with the new user guide? Have you reviewed our current interface translation yet? We have a file in for build. Which architectures will you test it on?

We badly need more participation, as the community is still not sure whether it can really believe viOOo is actually going to _produce_ something, this time. The better job we can do, the more chance we have of removing the hoodoo of failure which has lain over this project for years now, and which, as you would know, paralyzes any participation in our community. Your work is indeed very welcome.

Trả lời cho