> Wicket doesn't allow you to reflect fine grained changes to page state
> in URL. That's a design decision. The page state gets too complicated
> to be encoded in URL.
Yeah, well that is also not really possible. Only the application has
enough knowledge of the application to put stuff in the URL. Wicket can
never do this, but it can sure well facilitate it. It may be hard, but I
do think it is possible.

For bookmarkable ajax URLs: my goal is to add some kind of call-back at
the page-level. The call-back is then responsible for acting upon the
fragment identifier (whatever is behind the #).
There are many pitfalls with this approach so only time will teach us
how/if it will eventually work.

Anyways, I have no time for it at this moment...

Regards,
    Erik.