Look carefully. Your code sample does:

Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("MyComponent.properties")

Which loads it from the default package.
I think you should do:

MyComponent.class.getResourceAsStream("MyComponent.properties")

Which loads it from the package MyComponent is in.

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten