> The data is not serializable and is needed in several pages as a part
of one
transaction

- Not serializable:
Well that is a hick up. This of course also means that you can not do
clustering. I would put the data directly in the HTTP session, or in
your own sub class of Wicket's WebSession. I think the page map is no
longer available (though perhaps that depends on the page store you select).

- Part of one transaction.
Do you really mean like JTA transaction? Or are you talking about a
conversation (which was what I assumed).
Having multiple requests in one (JTA) transaction is not very common. I
guess if this is the case a reference to the transaction is part of your
non-serializable data.
If you did mean conversation/wizard kind of data, then the earlier
advice holds.

Good luck,
    Erik.

John Patterson wrote:
> The data is not serializable and is needed in several pages as a part of one
> transaction
>

> Erik van Oosten wrote:
>
>> John, if you keep your conversation data in the component (as a java
>> field), and you work with listeners in that component (e.g. with a
>> Link), that data is available in the listener (e.g. Link's onClick
>> callback method).
>>
>> While coding the component you should not worry about where that data is
>> stored between requests. Of course you can influence this by choosing a
>> page store during application initialization. The default however, is
>> mostly the best choice.
>>
>> Regards,
>>      Erik.
>>

>> John Patterson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I need to store some kind of multi-request transaction data somewhere
>>> and
>>> I guess that the PageMap is a better place than the session.  I don't see
>>> much talk of custom page maps on the list.  Are they still a recommended
>>> way
>>> to store things for a browser window?
>>>
>>> John

Erik van Oosten