Hi Matej,

I finally found the bug.

When you are using a DefaultDataGrid it adds a PagingToolbar. PagingToolbar
overrides isVisible. In isVisible the total row count is determined, this
will cache the query result for this request. However, isVisible is called
/before/ the ajax listener is called. Therefore any changes to the grid
(like rowCount) are not used.

Regards,
    Erik.

--