You can override the PageProvider#getPageInstance method and test for the
target page class. If there are no instance for its page id and it is one
of those pages you want to reply to user a page expired message rather than
reply a fresh instance you throw a PageExpiredException exception (not
a StalePageException, StalePageException is for another case ).

Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos